Hope you all are enjoying your time/life. When I think of my trip to South Africa, I remember a saying: “Lighten up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things”. South Africa is really a place with great natural beauty. You can see beautiful landscapes and a trip here is really worth it for a tourist. One such marvel which I saw on my trip, was the 3 Rondavels. Below is one of pictures taken through my mobile camera.
The 3 Rondavel peaks are known for their unique shape and also for the fantastic view point in the surrounding area. The view is simply breath-taking and even the route which we drove through was something different to what I have grown up in India. The forests in India are greener compared to the ones in South Africa, But the forests here have their unique beauty. I can describe the the beauty as “hauntingly beautiful”, if that ever makes sense. 🙂
Anyways coming back to the topic, here are some interesting facts which I found out about the 3 Rondavels:
- The 3 Rondavels are also known as ” The Three Sisters”
- The Rondavel formation consist of quartzite and Shale
- They are sometimes referred to the chief’s 3 troublesome wives 🙂 He should have thought of it before deciding to have 3 wives 🙂
- There is a flat top peak next to the Rondavels which represents the chief, “Mapjaneneg”
- The names of his 3 wives are: Magabolie, Mogoladikwe, and Maseroto (Man these are some tough names!!!)
So now coming to travelling to visit the place, I think the best way would be to travel by car, the roads were very good for driving and have very less traffic. We traveled in a packaged tour, so me and my family traveled by bus to reach the place. Also the area is next to the Blyde canyon, another very beautiful view point.
Finally guys, if you like my post on the 3 rondavels please like, share and follow me. I will be writing more interesting articles on my trip to South Africa. Also, please provide me with your valuable suggestions on how I can improve my writing and what kind of content you guys would like to see.
Here’s a pic of the chief with his favorite wife 🙂 The chief is the flat mountain…